Concerned About Security?
William Blair recognizes the importance of protecting the security of our clients. We strive to protect your confidential information and privacy online. Investor Annex operates with security layers in place to protect your financial data. With user IDs, passwords, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, and session timeouts, we strive to provide a high level of security to maximize your online protection.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption
SSL technology scrambles data as it travels between your computer and Investor Annex, making it more difficult for anyone to access your account information. Investor Annex is a read-only website. Transactions cannot be ordered or executed via the website. To further prevent theft of your financial records, William Blair does not allow address changes to be made online. If you need to update your home address, please contact your financial advisor.
Tips to Maximize Your Personal Security:
- Always remember to log out after finishing your Investor Annex session.
- Never share your password (unless requested by William Blair & Company Investor Annex Client Service) or save it to your computer.
- We recommend you disable the AutoComplete feature from your browser.
- To disable within Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete Settings > Deselect the Use AutoComplete for User Names and Passwords on Forms > OK > Apply
- Try to create a strong password by combining random numbers and letters (8-character minimum, 20-character maximum) instead of using your birth date or other obvious clues. (For example, Pa$$w0rd)