William Blair, a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management, today announced the availability of a whitepaper, "Impact Investing at William Blair: Our Journey to a Sustainable Future." The whitepaper highlights how the firm creates value for clients, colleagues, and communities across business lines.
"By incorporating sustainability and corporate governance factors into our firm’s culture, we are working to create a more complete picture of the risks and opportunities facing companies today," said John R. Ettelson, William Blair's president and chief executive officer. "We will continuously evolve our sustainability effort to best help our clients achieve long-term success."
Learn how William Blair is addressing this topic within each of their businesses:
- Investment Banking: By guiding companies in understanding how their ESG (environmental, social, governance) exposures will be viewed by investors and acquirers, William Blair's Investment Banking team is focused on positioning clients for success in today's capital-raising and deal making environment. Maximizing Value in an Evolving Landscape
- Investment Management: By incorporating sustainability and corporate governance factors into our fundamental analysis, William Blair Investment Management is working to create a more complete picture of the risks and opportunities facing companies today. Achieving True ESG Integration Throughout Our Investing Process
- Private Wealth Management: The proliferation of ESG and impact-focused strategies and products has created numerous options for how to make an impact with our clients' capital. William Blair's Private Wealth Management team believes, however, that all of these conversations should start with why. Inspiring the Purpose of Capital
- Research: Across sectors, sustainability is an increasingly important factor that shapes the growth prospects of many of the companies in William Blair's research coverage universe. Searching for Long-Term Sources of Quality Growth
- From The Economist's recent Investing for Impact event with Stephanie Braming, William Blair's global head of investment management: What Does Impact Mean for William Blair?
- William Blair's best practices in philanthropy, employee engagement, governance, and the environment: Fulfilling Our Commitment to Clients, Communities, and Colleagues
- A Q&A with Jed Emerson, internationally recognized author and thought leader within the field of impact investing: Impact With Authenticity
About William Blair
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We provide advisory services, strategies, and solutions to meet our clients' evolving needs. As an independent and employee-owned firm, together with our strategic partners, we operate in more than 20 offices worldwide.*
*Includes strategic partnerships with Allier Capital, BDA Partners, and Poalim Capital Markets.