Brent Gledhill is the global head of investment banking for William Blair & Company. He leads a business that comprises more than 300 bankers on five continents in 22 cities and has successfully served more than 150 clients in both merger-and-acquisition advisory and growth financing assignments. Mr. Gledhill also serves on William Blair's Executive Committee and co-chairs the firm's Women's Advisory Council.
Since joining William Blair in 1997, Mr. Gledhill has led the firm's successful growth and reputation surge in the global investment banking marketplace by delivering execution excellence for clients across more than 30 countries. Under his leadership, the firm has opened offices in Frankfurt and Sao Paulo and completed a minority investment and strategic partnership with BDA Partners. Mr. Gledhill also helped William Blair establish a strategic alliance with Israel's Poalim Capital Markets and Australia's Allier Capital.
Mr. Gledhill played a vital role on the U.S. Treasury's Small Cap Task Force in 2012 that informed legislators of an action plan for stimulating capital formation and access for emerging businesses in the United States. The task force led to the enactment of the JOBS Act ("Jump-Start Our Business Start-Ups"), which has made an IPO a more viable alternative for emerging growth companies to fund their innovation and investment plans.
Before returning to the United States to become William Blair's global head of investment banking, Mr. Gledhill lived in London and served as head of the firm's European and Asian banking from 2003 to 2009. Before joining William Blair, Mr. Gledhill worked for Price Waterhouse as a certified public accountant (CPA), Andersen Consulting, and U.S. Congressman Michael Oxley.
Mr. Gledhill earned a B.S. in business administration from Miami University in 1991 and an MBA from Harvard University in 1997.
Civic Involvement (Board Director/Trustee roles):
- Member, National Public Radio (NPR) Foundation
- Executive Committee, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Member, John G. Shedd Aquarium
- President, Francis W. Parker School
- Member, The Chicago Public Education Fund
- Advisory Board Member, BAM – Becoming A Man (a Youth Guidance program)
- Member, Miami University's Business Advisory Council and Dolibois European Center's Alumni Advisory Board
- The Commercial Club of Chicago
- Regional Chair, Harvard Business School Fund
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Chicago Commonwealth Club
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- The Executives' Club of Chicago