Brent Gledhill is the global head of investment banking for William Blair. He leads a business that comprises more than 500 bankers on four continents in more than 20 cities and has successfully served more than 150 clients in both merger-and-acquisition advisory and growth financing assignments. Mr. Gledhill also serves on William Blair's Executive Committee, Extended Leadership Group, Global Inclusion Council, Pride Alliance Resource Group, and Debt and Equity Commitment Committees.
Since joining William Blair in 1997, Mr. Gledhill has led the firm's successful growth and reputation surge in the global investment banking marketplace by delivering world class service and outcomes for clients across more than 30 countries. Under his leadership, the firm has opened offices around the world and completed a minority investment and strategic partnership with the pan-Asian corporate advisory firm, BDA Partners. Mr. Gledhill also helped William Blair establish a strategic alliance with Israel's Poalim Capital Markets and Australia's Allier Capital.
Before returning to the United States to his current role, Mr. Gledhill lived in London from 2000 and served as head of the firm's European and Asian banking until 2009. Before joining William Blair, Mr. Gledhill worked for Price Waterhouse as a certified public accountant (CPA), Andersen Consulting, and U.S. Congressman Michael Oxley. Mr. Gledhill earned a B.S. in business administration from Miami University and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
(Board Director/Trustee roles)
- Chairman, The Chicago Public Education Fund
- Trustee, National Public Radio (NPR) Foundation
- Board Member, Harvard Business School Alumni Association
- Trustee, Shedd Aquarium
- Board Member, Civic Consulting Alliance
- Board Member, Friends of Golf (F.O.G.)
- Advisory Board Member, BAM – Becoming A Man (a Youth Guidance program)
- Life Trustee, Francis W. Parker School (Past President)
- The Commercial Club of Chicago
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Chicago Commonwealth Club
- YPO (Young Presidents’ Organization) – Chicago Chapter