Carlette McMullan, partner and wealth advisor at William Blair, co-leads the McMullan Escamilla Walania Team in the firm's Private Wealth Management group. Carlette joined William Blair in 1989, and managed the firm's Private Client Advisors group and served as a member of William Blair's Executive Committee from 2002-2007. Previously, Carlette was a financial analyst and institutional fixed income securities salesperson with Bear Stearns & Co.
Carlette lives in Lake Forest, IL with her husband and daughter. Her interests include tennis and reading.
- Adler Planetarium, Women’s Board Member, 1998-Present
- The Art Institute of Chicago, Trustee 2021–Present, Women’s Board Member, 2016–Present, and Learning and Public Engagement Advisory Committee
- Chicago Public Library Foundation Life Director
- Economic Club of Chicago, 2002–Present
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Women’s Board Sustaining Member, 1996–Present
- Rush University Medical Center, Women’s Board Member, 2011–Present
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Barron’s Top State-by-State Advisors in America, 2021, 20221
- Barron’s Top Women Financial Advisors 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, 20221
- Forbes Best-in-State Advisors 2019, 2020, 2021, 20222
- Forbes America's Top Women Wealth Advisors Best-in-State 2022 2
- Forbes America's Top Women Wealth Advisors 2019, 2020, 20213
- Working Mother Top Wealth Advisor Moms List 2018, 2019, 2020, 20214
1 The ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, and the quality of the advisors’ practices.
2 The Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisors ranking algorithm is based on industry experience, interviews, compliance records, assets under management, revenue and other criteria by SHOOK Research, LLC, which does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking. Investment performance is not a criterion.
3 The rankings were based on data provided by more than 10,500 top-performing advisors from across the country, evaluating assets under management, client service and retention, and revenues generated for the firms.
4 SHOOK Research considered wealth advisors who are mothers with at least one child living at home and under the age of 18. Ranking algorithm is based on industry experience, interviews, compliance records, assets under management, revenue and other criteria by SHOOK Research, LLC, which does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking. Investment performance is not a criterion.
Year William Blair was founded
Independent and employee-owned
Companies under coverage
As of March 31, 2022
*Includes strategic partnerships with Allier Capital, BDA Partners, and Poalim Capital Markets.