About Mr. Metzger
Rob Metzger is a senior director for William Blair based in the firm’s Chicago office. He originally joined William Blair's investment banking team in 1999 and served as the head of the Technology and Financial Services groups from 2009 - 2015.
Since that time, in addition to his role at William Blair, he has been an Assistant Clinical Professor of Finance at the University of Illinois Gies College of Business, a board member of several public and private companies, and involved with MissionOG, a Philadelphia-based investment firm focusing on growth investments in fintech, data, and software businesses. Rob's current board roles include North Mountain Merger Corp (NASDAQ: NMMC), a special purpose acquisition corporation; Paryroc, a privately-held payments processing business; and Autobooks, a privately-held provider of integrated-payments solutions to small businesses.
Prior to William Blair, he worked for ABN Amro Incorporated, A.T. Kearney, and Price Waterhouse.
- CareerSpring - National Board Member, Regional Advisory Board Chairperson
- University of Illinois Chicago Leadership Council
- Park District of La Grange - Board Treasurer
- St. Francis Xavier, La Grange, IL - Finance Advisory Committee
- Completed over 150 M&A and capital raising transactions in the Technology and Financial Services sectors
- Accelerated Payment Technologies, Inc. - sale to Global Payments Inc.
- Dealer Services Corporation - sale to Manheim, Inc.
- Sure Payroll - sale to Paychex, Inc.
- P&H Solutions - sale to ACI Worldwide
- iPay Technologies - sale to Jack Henry
- Vigo Remittance Corp. - sale to First Data Corporation
Year William Blair was founded
Independent and employee-owned
Companies under coverage
As of March 31, 2022
*Includes strategic partnerships with Allier Capital, BDA Partners, and Poalim Capital Markets.