William Blair recognizes the importance of protecting the security of our clients. We strive to protect your confidential information and privacy online. Our client investment platform operates with security layers in place to protect your financial data. With user IDs, passwords, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, and session timeouts, we strive to provide a high level of security to maximize your online protection.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption
SSL technology scrambles data as it travels between your computer and your online investment platform, making it more difficult for anyone to access your account information. To further prevent theft of your financial records, William Blair does not allow address changes to be made online. If you need to update your home address, please contact your financial advisor.
Tips to Maximize Your Personal Security:
- Always remember to log out after finishing your online session.
- Never share your password (unless requested by William Blair Client Service) or save it to your computer.
- We recommend you disable the AutoComplete feature from your browser.
- To disable within Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete Settings > Deselect the Use AutoComplete for User Names and Passwords on Forms > OK > Apply
- Try to create a strong password by combining random numbers and letters (8-character minimum, 20-character maximum) instead of using your birth date or other obvious clues. (For example, Pa$$w0rd)