Creating an enduring financial legacy becomes more challenging with each branch that is added to the family tree through marriage. We examine strategies for preserving wealth and harmony across generations.
With approximately half of marriages in the United States ending in divorce, it is important for families to understand the wealth management considerations related to marriage and take a proactive approach to planning for changes to their family dynamics. This planning is particularly important when ownership of a family business is involved.
Fortunately, there are many strategies that families can use to preserve wealth across generations while strengthening communication and family harmony. In this report, we examine:
- How divorce affects family wealth
- Strategies for protecting family gifts and inheritances
- Considerations for family businesses
- Considerations for remarriage and blended families
- Building a team of advisors