William Blair equity research analysts received six awards in the 2019 StarMine Analyst Awards from Refinitiv.
"Our analysts work relentlessly to deliver superior investment ideas for our clients,” said John O'Toole, William Blair's director of research. “This year's awards are confirmation of the talent and rigor of our analysts, and the value they add for our clients."
The following William Blair analysts were included in the StarMine Analyst Awards from Refinitiv:
- Matt Phipps – No. 1 earnings estimator for Biotechnology and No. 3 for Overall Analyst Awards
- Ryan Daniels – No. 1 stock picker for Health Care Technology
- Sharon Zackfia – No. 2 earnings estimator for Restaurants
- Jon Andersen – No. 3 earnings estimator for Food Products
- Matt Larew – No. 3 stock picker for Health Care Providers & Services
William Blair's universe of equity research coverage comprises about 600 quality growth companies across the following industry sectors: consumer; financial services and technology; global industrial infrastructure; global services; healthcare; and technology, media, and communications.
Based on StarMine methodology, the StarMine Analyst Awards from Refinitiv objectively measure the performance of analysts based on the returns of their buy/sell recommendations and the accuracy of their earnings estimates. The 2019 stock picking awards are based on the 2018 calendar-year performance of recommendations. Only analyst performance on companies that are based in the United State is included in the awards calculations.