Does William Blair hire foreign nationals and sponsor work visas?
Investment Banking will consider candidates who may require sponsorship; however, requirements vary by role, therefore, reference the job description or connect with the recruiter during the recruiting process to determine eligibility.
When will I hear back regarding the status of my application?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis during the open application period. If you attend a school we visit on-campus, reference your school’s career site for an application deadline, otherwise expect to hear from us in the months following your submission.
What if William Blair doesn’t recruit directly on my campus?
We consider candidates from all universities as long as you meet the minimum requirements.
Can I apply for multiple positions or locations?
Yes, our application system allows you to indicate which positions and office locations are of interest
What industry groups are represented in each office?
- Chicago: Biotech, Corporate Advisory, Consumer & Retail, Equity Capital Markets, Financial Sponsors Group, Healthcare, Industrial Growth Products, Supply Chain/Commercial Services, Tech-Enabled Services, Technology
- Atlanta: Technology
- Boston: Healthcare, Technology
- Charlotte: Aerospace/Defense & Government Services, Healthcare
- New York: Corporate Advisory, Equity Capital Markets
- San Francisco: Technology
Are analysts part of a generalist program or are they placed directly into industry groups upon starting?
In all of our regional offices, analysts are placed directly into an industry group. For Chicago, analysts are placed into any of the industry groups following a placement process that takes place in the months prior to you joining the internship program.